LinkedIn has updated its API to allow videos to be shared directly from EveryoneSocial to a LinkedIn profile, without sending readers to the Public Post Page.
🔹 This is available on all plans.
🔸 This is accessible to all roles and permission levels.
This article covers
- Minimum video length: 3 seconds
- Maximum video length: 10 minutes
- Minimum file size: 75KB
- Maximum file size: 200MB
- Orientation: Horizontal or vertical. Vertical videos are cropped into a square in feeds.
- Web formats: MP4
A video will default to a static image with a play button if it does not meet specifications. When the image is clicked, readers will be taken to the post’s Public Post Page where videos played must meet EveryoneSocial's video specifications to be playable.
Posting a LinkedIn video
Share a video directly to LinkedIn or post it to a Workspace and then share it directly to LinkedIn. External Shares will not post a video within EveryoneSocial while Internal Posting posts to EveryoneSocial and gives the ability for fellow users to proactively engage with the post.
- Click Compose.
- Select Internal Post or External Share.
- Choose the Group.
- Select Image or Video.
- Upload the video.
- Add a title and commentary.
- Check Allow Sharing if it’s an Internal Post.
- Toggle on Share on my Personal Social Networks.
- Click Post once the video has uploaded.
If the video was shared to your personal networks, a second screen appears to select the networks, add commentary, and schedule for later, depending on Workspace settings.
What are the limitations found with this beta API?
LinkedIn has four limitations we would like to fix asap. We submitted a ticket to LinkedIn for bullet point 1 and are awaiting a response. We are relying on updates from LinkedIn’s API for bullet points 3 and 4.
- Emojis are being translated to an ⍰ icon when posting to LinkedIn from EveryoneSocial.
- Special characters (such as $, (), and %) are cutting off the share copy.
- Views and clicks are not able to be tracked.
- Shared videos have a "like" and "comment" engagement option. No "share" option is available.
Can I view analytics for my LinkedIn Native Video sharing?
Great question! We are currently working on video analytics and anticipate this to be available with the next update. At this time, analytics report if someone engaged with the post but can not see if a video was clicked or viewed. Please stay tuned and follow this article to be notified when this is updated and view counts are available.
Why can’t we upload 5GB videos?
LinkedIn allows 5GB videos to be uploaded directly to the platform but secondary platforms, like EveryoneSocial, are limited to 200MB. We are looking for ways to increase the video size and will update this article as soon as that’s available.