The Groups report seeks to answer the question, “How active are Groups and Group members?” You can access Group report to see data to help determine a Group's reach, level of engagement, popular posts, and who is driving the most engagement. This article covers how to pull the Groups report and defines its metrics.
🔹 This is available on the Teams and Enterprise plans.
🔹 Starter plan Admin can access Admin > Analytics to see the basic reporting dashboard.
🔸 This is accessible to Admin and Group Moderators.
This article covers two report options and four analytic sections.
Access Group Analytics
- Click Moderator or Admin.
- Select Analytics > Groups.
You'll arrive at the Group Analytics dashboard, which displays an overview of how well the Groups you manage are performing. With this data, you can understand which Groups are getting the most posts added as well as which Groups members want to join and engage.
- Total Groups: This chart displays active and inactive Groups within the selected date range.
- Monthly Active Groups: This graph displays active and inactive Groups for the selected date range.
- Name: Team member’s name.
- Created On: Date the team member joined the Workspace.
- Created By: Name of the person who created the Group.
- New Members: Members who joined the Group during the reporting period.
- Posts: Number of times the person published a post.
- Shares: Number of times the person shared a post.
- Clicks: Number of clicks received from member shares.
Dashboard and downloadable reports will only display data that meet the selected filters and time frame.
Date, Department, and Location filters are available. Filters work on an "or" basis. For example, the image below shows data within the last 30 days from users in the "Engineering" Department or in "Chicago.”
Remove filters by clicking the X next to a department or location or clicking Clear Filters.
Download a report
Each Analytics section has the option to download a CSV report. Click the icon to make a request, and a notification will present when the file is ready for download. Click the notification to download the report as a CSV file. The option to download the report will expire after 25 hours.
- approval_type: Level of content approval for posts to be published: "auto" or "review."
- approved_posts: Number of posts published in the Group.
- branded_comments: Number of comments made on a Group's branded posts.
- branded_posts: Number of posts the user published that are considered branded.
- branded_reactions: Number of "likes" made on a Group's branded posts.
- clicks: Total number of clicks made on a Group's posts.
- clicks_per_share: Average number of clicks per share.
- commented_by: Total unique users who've commented on published Group posts.
- comments: Total number of comments made on a Group's posts.
- created_at: Date the Group was created.
- created_by: First and last name of who created the Group.
- department: Assigned departments in a Group's or profile's settings.
- engagements: Total number of engagements made on a Group's shared posts.
- engagements_per_share: Average number of engagements per share.
- id: Group ID.
- location: Assigned locations in a Group's or profile's settings.
- members: Total members in the Group.
- moderators: List of Moderator emails.
- moderators_count: Total number of users assigned as Moderators in the Group.
- name: Group name.
- new_members: Number of users who joined the Group.
- reactions: Total number of "likes" made on a Group's posts.
- reactions_by: Total unique users who've reacted to published Group posts within the date range.
- removed_posts: Number of posts the user removed from Groups.
- reviewable_posts: Number of posts in the For Approval tab waiting for approval. These are not considered published.
- shares: Total number of shares made on a Group's posts.
- unbranded_comments: Number of comments made on a Group's non-branded posts.
- unbranded_posts: Number of non-branded posts.
- unbranded_reactions: Number of "likes" made on a Group's non-branded posts.
Provide feedback to Moderators, Contributors, and Admins about content performance and trends.
🔹 Identify success stories from highly successful Groups.
🔹 Identify the highest performing Groups and pull a Post Report. Filter Groups by the highest-performing Groups to see specific content approved and shared. Take these insights and strategies and amplify them across other Groups.
🔹 Incentivize actions, such as sharing to certain networks, contributing content, sharing branded versus non-branded content, and inviting.
🔹 Contests based on Group locations with the most engaged content during a marketing campaign.
🔹 Track social trends of Groups based on location.
🔹 Determine which types of content perform best in each group: text, photo or link posts.
Looking for more data and metrics available in EveryoneSocial?