Groups are areas within a Workspace that allow you to separate content for by subject matter and different audiences. Visualize the Workspace as an office building and a Group as a conference room. Groups generally come in two types:
- Public for all users to find and join.
- Privately accessed based on Assignments, departments, or locations.
This article covers how you can create and edit Groups.
🔹 This is available on all plans.
🔸 Admin may disable this feature. Please check with your program Admin if this is unavailable.
When creating your Group, you will see two categories: details and settings.
Group Details: Group details include branding the Group's membership criteria based on department or location.
- Group Name: Displayed title for the Group. It is required for this section.
- Department: Required department to be a member of the Group.
- Location: Required location to be a member of the Group.
- Cover Image: Image icon displayed next to the Group title.
- Color: Primary color of the Cover Image and other Group indicators.
Group Settings: Settings are toggles assigning content rules for Group posts, such as who can create a post, who approves the post, if the post is shareable, and who can view the post. Please view the Posting Permissions article for more information on default permissions.
Create a Group
- Go to Groups.
- Click New Group.
- Add Group details.
- Toggle on/off preferred Group settings.
- Click Create.
- Add Group Moderators.
- Add Sources to automate Group content.
- Click Done.
Your created Group will be available under "Groups I Own," and immediately accessible. You can find it by going to Groups > Latest Groups and it will be at the top of the list.
Edit a Group
You can edit a Group's details, settings, sources, or moderators at any time. To do so
- Go to the Group.
- Click Edit.
- Make necessary changes.
- Click Done to save changes.
Check out our other articles about assigning Groups during onboarding and how to automate posting content to a Group for more details about Group management.