Groups are areas within a Workspace that allow you to separate content by subject matter or audience. Visualize the Workspace as an office building and a Group as a conference room. Although all of your company has access to the building, the conference rooms are designated for specific use cases. Groups generally come in two types.
- Public for all users to find and join.
- Private for specific audiences.
This article covers how you can create and edit Groups.
🔹 This is available on all plans.
🔸 Admin may disable this feature. Please check with your program Admin if this is unavailable.
Group details include branding the Group's membership criteria based on department or location.
- Group Name: Displayed title for the Group. It is required for this section.
- Department: Required department to be a member of the Group.
- Location: Required location to be a member of the Group.
- Cover Image: Image icon displayed next to the Group title.
- Color: Primary color of the Cover Image and other Group indicators.
Settings are toggles assigning content rules for Group posts, such as who can create a post, who approves the post, if the post is shareable, and who can view the post. Please view the Posting Permissions article for more information on users' default permissions.
Create a Group
Take these steps to create a new Group in EveryoneSocial.
- Go to Groups.
- Click New Group.
- Add Group details.
- Toggle on/off preferred Group settings.
- Click Create
- Add Moderators.
- Add Sources to automate content.
- Click Done.
The newly-created Group will be available under "Groups I Own," and will be immediately accessible.
Edit a Group
🔸 This is accessible to Admin and Group Moderators.
Edit a Group's details, settings, sources, or Moderators at any time.
- Go to the Group > click Edit.
- Make necessary changes.
- Click Done to save changes.