Leaderboards are scoreboards to assign points for user actions, which can help drive retention, engagement, and participation—not to mention they create some healthy competition. This article outlines how to create a Leaderboard and understand point allocation.
🔹 This is available on the Teams and Enterprise plans.
🔹 Starter plans can access Admin > Leaderboards to toggle on the default company Leaderboard.
🔸 This feature is accessible to Admin.
This article covers
- Creating Leaderboards
- Editing Leaderboard settings
- Editing the point system
- Activating Leaderboards
- Go to Admin > Leaderboards
- Title your Leaderboard
- Click Add
- A notification will appear once the Leaderboard is saved and available
- Refresh the page to begin editing
Editing Leaderboard settings
We recommend editing the Leaderboard if you prefer to specify a Segment, add a time duration, or modify the point system for your Leaderboard.
- Go to Edit to update your Leaderboard
- Enter text into the "Description" field
- Add Segments
- Select a time duration *optional
- Leaderboards will run immediately without a start date and indefinitely without an end date
Editing the point system
Each Leaderboard will have a default scoring point value for various actions. The Leaderboard points attribute values to 35+ different data points including posting/sharing activity, internal engagements, and even things like user-to-user invitations.
You can modify the point system at any time. Simply
- Go to Modify Points
- Select Edit to adjust an action's points
- Attribute a value to that action
- Save the new value by selecting the checkmark ✔️
- Cancel the adjustment by selecting the 𝗫 instead
- Select the 𝗫 at the top-right to go back to Leaderboards