Branded content is a powerful advocacy tool that allows brands to visualize how their content connects with their audience while promoting their products or services. In this article, we review how to review branded content and find ways to incentivize your team to share branded content with their networks.
Review branded content performance
Branded content metrics are available in all but one report in Analytics. Branded content is a metric and will have "True" as the value while non-branded content will have a value of "false."
You won’t find information about branded content in the Users: Internal Engagement report. Otherwise, you’ll be able to find details about actions taken on branded content in every report.
We recommend focusing on external share reports to review metrics around branded content since it’s best to share your brand with those outside your advocacy program. Look at the Users: External Activity report and the Shares: Detailed report.
You can then create visual reports to summarize how your branded content is performing.
In the examples above, we compare how many posts are branded compared to our shared content. There is a healthy percentage of branded and non-branded content being shared but an unhealthy amount of non-branded posts in our Workspace. This tells us that we can review our non-branded posts to see if they are shareable or meant for internal communication. Internal only would mean there isn’t much to do, but if they are shareable, it would be time to review what groups have the least shares to determine what content isn’t being shared and reduce it to save our team time.
🔹 Don’t forget to communicate changes to your team.
Incentivize your team to share branded content
Use Leaderboards to incentivize your team and easily view who’s creating and sharing branded content.
- Title the Leaderboard something fun and energizing that appeals to your team.
- “Shout it from the rooftops”
- “Company champions”
- “Brand Blast”
- “Promo Palooza”
- Edit all point values so only branded content is awarded points
- EveryoneSocial > Shareable branded post awards team members for posting shareable branded content to your Workspace.
- LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook categories all have branded point values for actions taken on branded shares. Edit these values and leave all others as 0 points.
- Make it time-specific.
- To gather the most momentum, make the Leaderboard open for a specific time or award team members regularly for sharing branded content.
🔸 Creating branded content is limited to contributors, Group moderators, and admins–unless you’re on the Enterprise plan and have automated branded content using content domains.
Article is closed for comments.