When it comes to deciding what kind of content to share, there are several important questions to consider. These questions can help you create a more effective and engaging content strategy.
- When should you post? Timing can make a significant difference in how your content is received. Consider your target audience's online activity and schedule your posts accordingly.
- Should your content be personal or professional? Your content's tone and style should align with your brand or personal image. Decide whether a more personal or professional approach is appropriate for your goals.
- How often should you share resources, and what kind of resources should you share? Finding the right balance between sharing valuable resources and not overwhelming your audience is crucial. Consider sharing articles, videos, images, or text content that is relevant to your niche and audience's interests.
- What type of content should you use–video, blog articles, images, or text? The format of your content depends on your message and your audience's preferences. Experiment with different types to see what resonates best.
These questions are essential in crafting a successful content strategy. This page is designed to guide you through the various post types and their purposes, helping you choose the most suitable one for the content you wish to share.
Remember, diversifying your content by using different post types can keep your audience engaged and interested in what you have to say. By answering these questions and adapting your strategy accordingly, you can create a more effective and engaging online presence.
Link post examples
Link posts are posts that center around a web link being shared. Here are some purposes of link posts.
- Expand reach of blog posts, guides, content, etc.
- Share webinars and sign-up pages.
- Share links to social posts to increase engagement.
Video post examples
Videos are a hot marketing medium and these are best suited when using relational content. Here are some examples.
- A day in the life of…
- Q&A sessions and interviews.
- Announcement videos.
- Gratitude videos.
🔹 Admin tip: Use pinned video posts in your Workspace to have an executive introduce a Group and set expectations.
Image post examples
Images are also considered relational posts, but they can also be informational posts that present data and other resources. These can include the following.
- Personal photos to build your rapport and brand.
- Sharing your company culture and team experiences.
- Industry memes.
- Holiday posts.
- Data comparisons or economic forecasts.
Text post examples
Text posts are great if you want to stand out on social timelines during the scroll phase. Why? Text posts are few and far between. Most people will use image or video posts, so text can make a big impact if the content is worth reading. Here are some examples of ways to use text posts.
- Ask questions.
- Make lists.
- Tell stories.
- Provide analogies.
Want some fun stats?
As of publishing this article, shared posts have the following stats within EveryoneSocial.
🔹 Link posts account for nearly 80% of posts shared.
🔸 Video and photo posts have the highest engagement rate, followed by text posts.
🔸 Photo posts have the most impression, followed by text posts.